Castor Oil Packs
Castor oil has been used for centuries. It is a very viscous oil that penetrates deep into the body, into the organs to help dissolve scar tissue, and to detoxify the organs...
A few external uses for castor oil packs:
- Increases circulation, promotes elimination and healing of the tissues and organs underneath the skin.
- Stimulates the liver, relieves pain, increases lymphatic circulation, reduces inflammation, and improves digestion.
- Used for inflamed and swollen joints, bursitis, and muscle strains.
- Applied to the upper abdomen to relieve constipation and other digestive problems, placed on the right side of the abdomen to stimulate liver detoxification.
- Applied to the lower abdomen to relieve menstrual cramps and ovarian cysts.
Materials needed for a castor oil compress:
- Organic (if available) Castor oil (Check out our Womb Apothecary to order our Organic Herbal Infused Castor Oil)
- Piece of flannel
- Towel dedicated to getting castor oil funky
- Hot water bottle
- Extra wash cloth near by to wipe hands if needed
- Have everything you need to relax nearby; water, tea, journal.
How to make a castor oil compress:
- Soak flannel in castor oil so that it is saturated, but not dripping
- Place the compress over the affected body part
- Place wash cloth over flannel
- Place the hot water bottle over the pack
- Leave it on for 45-60 minutes
- Rest while the pack is in place
- After removing the pack, you can rub the castor oil into the skin and wipe off excess
- Store the pack in a covered container in the refrigerator
- Each pack may be reused up to 25-30 times
- Frequency of use - It is generally recommended that a castor oil pack be used for 3 to 7 days in a week to treat a health condition or for detoxification, at least an hour per time.